Happily, the Mt Lawley Tennis Club will be resuming some limited tennis activities in line with a recent City of Stirling announcement. A limited number of hard courts will be available for singles play only. To ensure that some coaching and play can continue the following conditions have been developed. We want anybody who wants to play and enjoy the benefits of tennis, to be able to do so safely.
You must stay at home if you:
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Have been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Have flu-like symptoms.
- Are in a high-risk health category. Please check Australian Government Department of Health “Advice for people at risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19)”.
- Go to BOOK A COURT ONLINE
- All players – members and non-members - must book courts online.
- No booking – No play.
- Members can book courts at any time. Bookings for Tuesday and Friday mornings and Saturday afternoons can only be made by Members. Public bookings cannot be made for these times.
- Courts available will be signposted and you must play on the court number booked online.
- Maximum booking permitted is one hour (to allow for equitable access)
- Only those people playing may attend – no spectators.
- Maintain social distancing when playing with someone other than with whom you reside.
- Number of players on any one court is limited to two. Singles play only.
- Only odd-numbered courts will be available for play.
- Sanitise hands frequently. (It is expected that players bring their own hand sanitiser.)
- Avoid touching any surfaces such as net, net handle, gate handles and clean any surfaces you may have touched before leaving.
- Arrive immediately before play and leave immediately upon finishing play.
- All players must supply their own tennis balls. Balls are not available from the club.
- Court activity will be monitored by the Club and the City of Stirling Rangers. Breaches of these conditions could result in further closure of the courts.
At the Club:
- Drinking fountains will not be available, bring your own filled water bottle.
- MLTC Clubrooms, including bathroom and toilets, will remain closed for the period of the on-going club refurbishment.
- Public toilets and restrooms are available nearby.
- Coaching will be one-on-one.
- Social distancing must be maintained during coaching sessions.
- Only one parent may accompany a child being coached and it would be preferred that the parent remain in the car for the period of coaching.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided for use by coaching students.
Enjoy your time on court but do it safely for everybody’s health.